Thursday, April 4, 2013

On the last minute tourist trail

This morning as I left the Hotel it was snowing and it didn't let up all day.  Unfortunately it melted as it hit the ground so you cant really tell in these pics.  
Regent Street, London
I am a complete tourist when it comes to the red phone box, let alone 5 in a row! Funny thing is you never see anyone using them.  I'm sure British Telecom is subsidised by the tourism dollar (or rather, the pound!) to keep them on the streets.


Covent Garden

The Balthazar Boulangerie, Covent Garden

Covent Garden is full of over sized easter eggs at the moment, decorated by British artists for a children's charity auction.  Humpty was my fave.

Tomorrow night we get on a plane back to Melbourne but not before a quick trip back to Wimbledon to measure up some of the rooms.  There is not a proper wardrobe in the house.  We might be building up to a big Ikea moment!

1 comment:

  1. Keep em coming. I love the patisserie - I'm sure it will be a lot less effort to get a mille-feuille over there than here!

    ReplyDelete